Arizona SciTech Festival Conference Panel Promises More Than STEM Learning…
Audiences Discover About, "Finding the Teachable Moment in Your STEM Activity"
What do chocolate, animal balloons, ipads, baseball and strawberry DNA have to do with STEM? Everything! Learn from this diverse and seasoned panel of STEM communicators how to find the teachable moment while still providing audiences an engaging and entertaining experience.
Panelists Include, From Top to Bottom, Left to Right:
- Dr. Bruce Bayly, associate professor of mathematics, UA
- Larry Canepa, certified culinary educator, chef
- Alexis Christensen, vice president of education, ImmediaEDU
- Sari Custer, director of educational partnerships, Arizona Science Center
- Dr. Uwe Hilgert, Director STEM Training, education-outreach-training at Bio5 Institute
- Moderator: Dr. JoAnne Vasquez, vice president & program director, Helios Education Foundation
Reservations for the September 4, 2013, Arizona SciTech Festival Kick-off Conference, to be held at Scottsdale Center for the Arts, 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., can be made by following the following link: https://www.eventinterface.com/registration?eventid=aHltdDRwZA%3D%3D&refer=madmimi.com/promotions/4110970/editShareThis